Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Meeting #4: Stiff

Whew! This book gave us a lot of fodder for interesting, unusual, morbid, and profound conversations. We discussed how well written it is (yes, a book about human cadavers can have several funny moments), how it made us think about our own perspectives on death and its rituals, and how we've always taken for granted just what donating our bodies to science can do for the betterment of mankind. Great book club choice, Marissa!

Thanks to Elyse for being a most generous host ( I don't think the wine bottles ever stopped pouring...). Also, I just have to say that our food spreads, though poorly photographed, are the most divine food spreads one could ask for. I'm also grateful for the good vibes happening in book club: bringing specific foods that cater to some dietary restrictions amongst us as well as making book club open and fun for people even if they didn't get a chance to read the book!  #winning

And now for my measly two photographs...




In attendance: Elyse, Hal, Mike, Seshie, Meghan, Emily, Marissa, Katie, Lin, Jhani

No comments:

Post a Comment